Aspiring physicians from under-resourced and underrepresented communities often face barriers that make it more difficult for them to not just get into medical school, or get back into medical school, but along the entire path to becoming an MD.
CMF works with partners here in Canada and outside of Canada to reduce some of those barriers, whether through bursaries or mentorships, which in turn will add more diversity to the health workforce and better serve communities.
Our continuing work is only possible through the support of our donors. Your donation means that we can support more future, current and past healthcare professionals along their career pathway, and they in turn can impact the lives of thousands of individuals.
Together with our partners and donors we are contributing to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) 3 (Good Health and Well-being), 4 (Quality Education), 10 (Reduced Inequality), and 17 (Partnerships to achieve the Goal).
There are many ways that you can donate, whether through a one-time gift if any amount that works for you, by becoming a monthly donor, giving a gift of securities, or other options that are listed below. You can also consider establishing a Donor Advised Fund to support CMF partners or programs, or other programs that contribute to the global SDGs.
Select the donation option that appeals to you from the list below, or;
Donate Online: Donate to CMF
Call us at: 416-548-6198; or
Send a donation by mail to:
The Canadian Medical Foundation
720 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON M5S 2R
Learn more about our programs: CMF Programs
- Donate Now - Make a one-time general donation, a monthly donation, or select one of our current programs to support.
- Monthly Giving - Monthly giving not only helps you budget your expenditures and donations, but more of your donation goes towards supporting CMF programs because of very low administration costs. Scheduled giving also enables us to forecast funding and plan future initiatives.
- Donor Advised Funds - Establish a Donor Advised Fund by donating cash, securities or other assets to CMF and receiving a tax receipt. Those funds are then invested by CMF for tax-free growth, and you can recommend annual donations to the charities (qualified donnees) of your choice.
- Gift Annuities - Establish a gift annuity by gifting cash, stock or other appreciated assets to CMF. In exchange, you’ll receive an immediate tax receipt and then fixed payments for life for you and your spouse. At your death, CMF receives any remaining assets, which can be used to fund our mission.
- Life Insurance - Including CMF in your life insurance policy is a tax-efficient giving strategy that will give you and your estate tax benefits, and leave a legacy of giving in the future.
- Securities - Donating securities (publicly listed stocks, bonds or mutual funds) to CMF is a great alternative to making a cash donation. When you sell stocks that have appreciated in value, 50% of the capital gains must be reported as income. Donating those same securities to CMF reduces the capital gains to zero. You will also receive a charitable tax receipt for the full market value.
- Wills and Bequests - The most common form of planned gift is the bequest - making a gift through one’s Will. Indeed, some 80% to 90% of planned gifts are bequests.
- Community Fundraising - Raise funds for the Canadian Medical Foundation by engaging your community, colleagues, family and friends to donate to your own fundraising campaign.
- Workplace – Employer Matching Gifts - If you are inspired to create diversity and equity in the health workforce, consider setting up a workplace giving program and your place of employment to support CMF programs.