It takes many dedicated supporters to work with CMF and our partners in removing some of the barriers for medical students from under-resourced communities, and adding diversity to our health workforce. We are appreciative of each and every gift we receive, whether it is $20.00 or $20,000. Just like our Programs can reach one student at a time but together contribute to a more inclusive workforce, donations from our donors add up to create real change.
However, some of our donors are able to support us in a more significant way through a major gift. These major gifts can be directed towards one of our specific programs or campaigns, or a funding priority that is meaningful to you.
Your gift can be a one-time donation of cash or gifts of stock, a series of payments over a set period, or a deferred or planned future gift, such as a bequest or life insurance proceeds.
Planned giving helps you create a legacy of support for the purposes you care about most, and can maximize your tax and estate planning benefits.
For more information or to make a gift, please contact the Canadian Medical Foundation at email@example.com or 416-548-6198.
There are many ways you can make a lasting impact as part of your legacy.
- Donor Advised Funds - Establish a Donor Advised Fund by donating cash, securities or other assets to CMF and receiving a tax receipt. Those funds are then invested by CMF for tax-free growth, and you can recommend annual donations to the charities (qualified donnees) of your choice.
- Gift Annuities - Establish a gift annuity by gifting cash, stock or other appreciated assets to CMF. In exchange, you’ll receive an immediate tax receipt and then fixed payments for life for you and your spouse. At your death, CMF receives any remaining assets, which can be used to fund our mission.
- Life Insurance - Including CMF in your life insurance policy is a tax-efficient giving strategy that will give you and your estate tax benefits, and leave a legacy of giving in the future.
- Securities - Donating securities (publicly listed stocks, bonds or mutual funds) to CMF is a great alternative to making a cash donation. When you sell stocks that have appreciated in value, 50% of the capital gains must be reported as income. Donating those same securities to CMF reduces the capital gains to zero. You will also receive a charitable tax receipt for the full market value.
- Wills and Bequests - The most common form of planned gift is the bequest - making a gift through one’s Will. Indeed, some 80% to 90% of planned gifts are bequests.