The Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) provides much-needed financial aid – in the form of bursaries and scholarships – to deserving medical students actively furthering their medical education. The CMF understands the challenges facing today’s medical students and strives to alleviate some of these challenges through providing financial support to reduce the burden and corresponding stress facing today’s medical students. The CMF believes that assisting today’s medical students in furthering their education will help secure tomorrow’s exceptional medical professionals and ensure the optimal health of all Canadians in our future.
CMF provides medical bursaries and scholarships in partnership with the Provincial/Territorial Medical Associations (PTMAs) and universities across Canada, as well as through our Donor Advised Fund Program. Application process and deadlines vary in each case.
The CMF is always looking to grow our financial aid program; currently, the CMF provides funding or support for the following bursaries and scholarships:
- Alberta Medical Association Medical Student Bursary
- Loran Scholars Foundation
- Dalhousie University, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Muzumdar Fund
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – Frank and Margaret Hamilton Gander Entrance Collegiate Scholarship
- Ontario Medical Association – Dr Csaba Vargha Medical Student Bursary
- Physicians’ Legacy of Newfoundland and Labrador – Gerald F. Lynch Memorial Scholarship
- South Huron District High School – Physical Education/Kinesiology Scholarship
- University of Alberta – Dr. Jeanette Bayduza Scholarship
- University of British Columbia – Tom Henrik Walter Occupational Therapy Bursary
- University of Manitoba – Aboriginal Student Bursary
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine
- University of St. Michael’s College
- University of Toronto – Dr. Ruth Kurdyak Memorial Medical Alumni Bursary
For additional information about financial aid offered by the Canadian Medical Foundation, please contact CMF at 613.518.6010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support deserving medical students in furthering their medical education, please visit our Donate Now page.