Help us continue to advance medicine and public health through physician-supported initiatives as we strive to foster a caring community that, through the development of philanthropic activity, enables the medical profession to improve the health of individuals in Canada and around the world.
Supporting CMF’s vision is simple and rewarding.
Make a donation to the CMF:
- Donate online;
- Call us at: 613.518.6010; or
- Send a donation by mail to:
The Canadian Medical Foundation
720 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
Support our Current Campaigns
A Canadian charitable tax receipt will be issued for donations of $10 or more.
Please use the Canada Revenue Agency tax calculator to estimate the tax benefit you will receive as a result of your generous donation to CMF. Canada Revenue Agency Tax Calculator
- Planned Giving & Legacy - Create a legacy while maximizing your tax and estate planning benefits.
- Peer to peer - Create a fundraiser to honour someone special, celebrate a birthday, wedding, or any special occasion.
- Workplace – Employer Matching Gifts - Many companies across Canada match their employees’ charitable contributions.
- Community Fundraising - Raise funds for the Canadian Medical Foundation by engaging your community, colleagues, family and friends to donate to your own fundraising campaign.
- Securities - Donating Appreciated Shares – Public and Private Shares and Securities (including mutual funds) A common misconception about planned or legacy giving is that you benefit only in the future. In fact, you can often benefit immediately. 50 per cent of a capital gain from the sale of stock is taxable. When a stock is donated to […]
- Donate Now - to Improve Service Delivery in Canada and Throughout the World
- Life Insurance - A gift of insurance can allow a Donor to make a much larger gift to the Canadian Medical Foundation than they might otherwise be able to consider. Tax savings today are real. There are a number of very common methods to utilize life insurance in your charitable giving and tax saving plans. Proceeds of life […]
- Gift Annuities - The charitable gift annuity is a popular planned giving instrument for elder Canadians, as it allows a person to make a significant contribution, while maintaining financial security. There are many benefits of a gift annuity: A gift annuity allows you to make a significant gift, yet still enjoy the income from that gift; A gift […]
- Wills and Bequests: The Most Popular Planned Giving Vehicle - The most common form of planned gift is the bequest – making a gift through one’s Will. (i.e. Through your estate planning.) Indeed, some 80% to 90% of planned gifts are bequests. For these Donors, the bequest is one of the smartest options. Leaving a gift by Will permits a Donor to leave a significant […]
- Donor Advised Funds - CMF offers a DAF program that enables donors to create long-term charitable gifting plans in order to realize their charitable goals and further their philanthropic priorities.