“This round of grants is currently closed. Please refer back to this page for future granting opportunities.”
As part of a special initiative to help prevent, limit, and stop the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19, the Canadian Medical Foundation will be issuing small grants to groups with short-term projects and initiatives that address infection prevention.
The Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) is well-positioned to help groups address gaps in existing projects or fund new initiatives that will help bridge identified gaps that are currently impeding communities from strengthening their public health and healthcare response to COVID-19 (i.e. hygiene practices).
For the current funding cycle, the CMF is ready to fund and support domestic or international projects that promote and focus on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Project Location: Worldwide
Closing date: First round, August 7
Grant size: The size of grants will vary according to the gap needs of each project but will not exceed $20,000 per grant, with most approved grants expected to be in the $5,000 – $10,000 range.
- Proposals must have a lead organization eligible to accept and administer funds.
- All organizations must be able to provide NGO, CBO or Incorporation registration documents.
- All applications must be able to provide a grant reference for a previous grant led and held by the organization.
- Organizations must agree to be included in our fundraising campaigns, as ongoing fundraising allows us to continue to provide opportunities for grant making.
To apply you need to:
- Fill out the Grant application form
- Include your most recent audited financial statements.
- Include a project budget.
- If working in partnership with other implementing groups, please include a letter of support from each institution participating in the project confirming approval for the project to commence.
- Your application can be accompanied by an optional document of supporting data, no more than 1 page.
- Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an e-mail confirming that we have received your application.
Criteria for Funding Will Include:
- Has the applicant clearly explained the unmet need their target group is facing as it relates to infection prevention, and how the project benefit will be realized in these communities?
- Will the success of the outcome have an obvious impact on public health or the prevention of disease?
- Has the applicant clearly explained the level of urgency, and why the activity is important now?
- Has the applicant clearly explained the reason why it is not possible to resource the work without the grant?
- Has the applicant clearly explained a plan to achieve project goals and expected outcomes?
- Does the applicant demonstrate access to relevant expertise, tools, data, and/or infrastructure to complete the project?
- Does the team have the ability to quickly mobilize necessary resources?
- Is the amount requested reasonable? Is the proposed budget justified?
- Is there a high likelihood of success of the proposed project?
- Has the applicant explained how the project will be implemented under current COVID-19 restrictions (travel, social distancing) and highlighted any requirements for personal protective equipment.
All applications will be reviewed by the Program Development and Projects Committee. The recommendations of this committee will be presented to the Board of Trustees for approval.
The number of eligible applications funded is conditional on the number of applications received and the availability of funds.
Award Start Date:
Given that this opportunity is for timely proposals, you will receive 75% of the grant amount within four weeks of award notification, and the remaining amount after project completion or other agreed upon milestone.
Contacts and guidance:
The decisions of the Committee will not be open to appeal and the funders reserve the right to amend the application process.
For queries relating to the grant and process, please contact email@example.com.