Find all of our latest news on projects and happenings here.
- 2019 Annual Report -
- 2019 Financials -
- “International Youth Day: Mobilizing for Global Action - Listen to youth leaders, including CMF Trusteee Dr. Yipeng Ge, Youth Delegate for Canada, World Health Assembly (WHA73) speaking on youth leadership. Watch Dr. Yipeng Ge speaking at the 50:10 mark Youth Leadership video.
- Annual reports & Financial Statements - Visit CRA for detailed financial information. The government of Canada Charities Listing 2019 Annual Report
- We have moved! - Please note that as of March 2020 our new mailing address will be: 720 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
- Covid-19 Health Resources - Covid-19-Find out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms. World Health Organization (WHO) https://bit.ly/38H3lvi Ontario https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus Alberta https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/ British Columbia https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health Manitoba https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/ New Brunswick https://bit.ly/2w7nhu3 Newfoundland and Labrador https://bit.ly/38IZwpf […]
- The Great Canadian Giving Challenge - The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is almost here! Donate to the Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) in the month of June and help make a BIG impact! Every $1 donated to CMF in June earns us a chance to win a $10,000 donation (minimum $3 donation required). The Challenge […]
- UPDATE: Changing Investment Managers - Update: Changing Investment Managers About the Canadian Medical Foundation For over thirty (30) years the Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) has been working on behalf of physicians, their families, and all Canadians. The volunteer Board of Trustees at the Canadian Medical Foundation believes stewardship of the trust and generous donations provided to our charity is our […]
- Canadian Medical Foundation Donors Provide Earthquake Relief to Nepal - Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) donors have raised more than $150,000 to provide earthquake relief in the form of medical outreach to Nepal, following the devastating earthquake this spring. The Canadian Medical Foundation has leveraged the Government of Canada’s Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund to see a majority of these donations matched to provide additional funds directly […]
What is “Planned Giving”?
According to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), gifts are a voluntary transfer of property without valuable consideration. Allowable gifts include cash, gifts in kind like stocks and real estate, and a right to future payment, such as life insurance proceeds.
“Planned Gifts” are so called because they take some thought and preparation, and because you should consult with a lawyer and your financial planner about them.
Your gift can be a one-time donation, a series of payments over a set period, or ongoing support. Your planned gift may be a “present gift” that can be used now, or a “deferred gift’, that is only available in the future, such as in a will.
Planned giving helps you create a legacy of support for the causes you care about most, and can maximizes your tax and estate planning benefits.
When speaking to your financial advisor, make sure that they are aware of your philanthropic goals, and consider a gift to the CMF today.
For more information, please contact the Canadian Medical Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.518.6010.
There are the many ways you can make a lasting impact as part of your legacy.
- Securities - Donating Appreciated Shares – Public and Private Shares and Securities (including mutual funds) A common misconception about planned or legacy giving is that you benefit only in the future. In fact, you can often benefit immediately. 50 per cent of a capital gain from the sale of stock is taxable. When a stock is donated to […]
- Life Insurance - A gift of insurance can allow a Donor to make a much larger gift to the Canadian Medical Foundation than they might otherwise be able to consider. Tax savings today are real. There are a number of very common methods to utilize life insurance in your charitable giving and tax saving plans. Proceeds of life […]
- Gift Annuities - The charitable gift annuity is a popular planned giving instrument for elder Canadians, as it allows a person to make a significant contribution, while maintaining financial security. There are many benefits of a gift annuity: A gift annuity allows you to make a significant gift, yet still enjoy the income from that gift; A gift […]
- Wills and Bequests: The Most Popular Planned Giving Vehicle - The most common form of planned gift is the bequest – making a gift through one’s Will. (i.e. Through your estate planning.) Indeed, some 80% to 90% of planned gifts are bequests. For these Donors, the bequest is one of the smartest options. Leaving a gift by Will permits a Donor to leave a significant […]
- Donor Advised Funds - CMF offers a DAF program that enables donors to create long-term charitable gifting plans in order to realize their charitable goals and further their philanthropic priorities.